Monday, March 5, 2012

Strange mobile video calls



Yesterday morning I was in the Family room, when my mobile phone rang, it looked like a video call from Bron, so I answered it and happily said: "Hello! Uh, hello...hello...are you there?"  The image on the screen was blurry and the whole incident seemed strange. So I just hung up and went on with what I was doing.

Then about 15 minutes later, my phone rang again.  Another video call from Bron.  It must have been a glitchy call the first time, so again I answered, and eagerly replied: Hello!!..hello..hello?  Is that you Bron?"....No response...just a blurry picture...  This time I started to get worried--perhaps she fell and can't talk and could only just get her finger to autodial--perhaps she needed help and I was so far away!  If you know my imagination, a thousand thoughts went through my mind. 

So this time, I phoned her straight back, just a regular call - not a video call....and she answered all out of breath.  I asked:

"Is anything wrong?"
The phone in pants pocket
"No, just a really hot day, and I am trying to get the mowing finished...It is a really humid day out here today!"

"Did you just call me twice on the video phone?"

"No....why?"

"Well. your phone called me and it was very strange."

"Oh, I get it...my phone has a mind of its own.  It's in my pants packet--it probably phoned you!"

I started laughing, relieved that nothing was wrong, and said: "Oh, ok then.  Well tell your pants pocket that I appreciate the call, and I love it too!  I even love the other pocket and the shorts, and the person who is wearing the pocket!  I'll let you get back to your mowing--it sounds like a bucket full of fun!"

"Ok. thanks. I might switch pockets with my phone--control it better..."

"Ok!  Love ya, talk to you later!"

Smiling I ended the call and put my phone down again--that is one cheeky pants pocket!!

No comments: